Click HERE to Search Records
- Records from 1789-1995: The primary/official index is the paper index located in the office. These indexes have been scanned and are available under the "Old Index Books" tab in the e-vault.
- Records from 1996-Present: The primary/official index is the electronic database in the Register of Deeds office.
- Vital Records are not contained in the e-Vault.
- Information in the e-Vault is public record in accordance with the Public Records Law of North Carolina.
- Fewer characters in the search fields maximize search results.
- Please carefully read the Notice & Disclaimer page.
The unverified "Temporary Index" (red entries) is where the recording staff enters limited unverified indexing information into the temporary index. Once the document is fully indexed, it will be released to the "Permanent Index" (blue entries).
The Register of Deeds is not responsible for the content of recorded documents. This responsibility lies with the preparer of the document.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Do NOT Include Private Information
All documents are public record. As a result, documents are restricted from including the following certain personal information unless expressly required by law or court order, G.S. 132-1.10(g)(1) :
- Social Security numbers
- Employer taxpayer identification
- State identification
- Driver's license
- Checking & savings account
- Savings Account
- Credit or debit card number
- Personal identification (PIN) code or passwords
Pursuant to NCGS §132-1.10(f), known as the "Identity Theft Protection Act of 2005", if any of the above information is listed on a public record available in the Register of Deeds office, the individual effected may request a redaction. This individual would complete the and file it free of charge Redaction Request Form. If an individual does not have the proper authority to file this form, they are punishable by a fine not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00).
Note: This redaction will apply only to the specific personal information allowed by law and that you have specifically identified as it appears on the Register's public Internet website and not to the entire record.
Disclaimer The records on this informational website and on our public records e-Vault search website are unofficial records made available for informational purposes only. While significant effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, the Register of Deeds does not certify the authenticity or completeness of any record or information presented. Information provided is not to be construed as legal advice; always seek the advice of an attorney. Any person using either website assumes the risk of any omissions or inaccuracies contained therein. Neither Rockingham County, the Register of Deeds and officers, agents, and employees of the Register of Deeds shall under any circumstances be liable for any actions taken or omissions made as a consequence of any user's reliance upon information contained in or omitted from these websites in any manner whatsoever. Use of the sites is an acknowledgment of this disclaimer. Links to other Internet sites is not an endorsement of the site or the information contained therein. The official records are located at the Rockingham County Register of Deeds office.